The Power Of Transatlantic Cooperation: How EU & US Innovators Joined Forces In The Fight Against The Pandemic
The pandemic has highlighted the importance of private sector and public private partnerships in developing vaccines, therapeutics and other medical products in response to COVID-19 and various European and American companies are jointly contributing to the solution. The pandemic also exposed the need for secure global supply chains for PPE and medical devices and exposed the over-dependence of third world countries.
The panel will discuss the following topics:
● The pandemic highlighted the important role of private sector and public private partnerships in response to COVID-19; in developing vaccines, therapeutics, and other medical products.
● A wide range of European and American companies are jointly contributing to the solution.
● The pandemic exposed the need for a secure global supply chain of PPEs and medical devices, and exposed the over-dependence on third countries.
● Countries follow widely different approaches, regarding testing, lock-downs etc.
● Fighting disinformation regarding the disease and the vaccine.
Join us for a discussion with executives and officials who worked on the front line of the Covid pandemic and hear how they made the impossible possible and created alliances across the Atlantic to tackle this crisis in ways none of them had thought possible before the pandemic.
Hear about challenges they faced and how they addressed these obstacles together with newly found partners on the other side of the Atlantic. Their experience is a testament to the strength of EU-US collaboration, join us and hear how they did it!
● Peter Gajdos, Executive Chairman, CHIRANA
● Robert Langer, Koch Institute Professor, MIT/LANGER LAB
● Elaine Brennan, Vice President, International, NORTHWELL HOLDINGS AND VENTURES
● Gareth Hagan, Deputy CEO. OCO GLOBAL [Moderator]