Supply Chain Disruption: A Look Ahead & How to Plan Ahead
Supply Chain Disruption: The need for advance planning & agility in supply chain management – thinking ahead to the next major crisis. Join us for a discussion about what needs to change in global supply chain planning to prepare effectively for the next global crisis; whatever it maybe – financial, health or climate related.
Our panelists will take a close look at the dynamics of supply in the pandemic aftermath.
• Overview of global trade developments: global trade volumes back to pre-pandemic levels but shipping and supply chains are disrupted for a longer term. What is the current state of lead indicators and where are we in the commodities cycle? [we will use the ISM Manufacturing Report as a source, among other recent sources]
• Outlook for shipping: Are pressures easing? What about freight rates? Effects on inventory restocking in the US?
• Trade outlook: Latest economic and trade forecasts & long-term trade forecasts for key countries.
• Regulatory changes in EU and US and how they effect supply chain
• Trade policy challenges: US-China trade tensions, tariffs, Brexit etc.
• Trade opportunities via new trade deals: what EU trade deals are interesting, how are the UK trade agreements developing
• Risk mitigation strategies for businesses: Near-shoring/reshoring, market diversification, vertical integration, digitisation
• Shanella Rajanayagam, Trade Economist at HSBC
• Rupert Schlegelmilch, Director Directorate General for Trade of the EUROPEAN COMMISSION
• Gaurav Chhabra, Managing Partner, ALIXPARTNERS
• Moderator to be announced
10:00 AM – 11:00 AM EST / 16:00 h – 17:00 h CET
EACCNY Members: Free
EACCNY non-Members: Free