Life During and After COVID19: Entering the US Market Successfully
|Thu. June 25, 2020
10:00 am – 11:00 am
Under the current circumstances how are plans for US expansion affected? A pause of a few weeks may now have you considering what you should do, and how, in order to move forward. The Covid-19 pandemic has had an incredible effect on global business, including on the U.S., which is heavily dependent on the establishment of new businesses funded by foreign nationals and companies. This is due not only to the logistical and health restrictions, but their legal and cultural implications as well.
Three experienced professionals will share what changes companies need to be aware of and what steps they can take now, in preparation for an accelerated market entry when the time comes to green light an expansion to the US.
● Steve Maggi will discuss the impact of the closing of borders, travel bans, closed embassies and consulates and executive orders which pause or stop certain kinds of immigration.
● Anne Wolfson will discuss the practical effects of the new post-COVID world on legal agreements and relationships.
● Sophie Lechner will discuss how to be culturally aligned to ensure your product, marketing and sales are compelling to US customers and partners.
The panel will share their views on the current hurdles facing foreign investors and companies looking to do business in the U.S. during this crisis, what the rest of 2020 might look like and how the future of foreign investment and business in the U.S. looks.
● Steve Maggi, Managing Partner, SMA Law Firm
● Anne Wolfson, Lawyer and Business Counselor, and Owner of, Anne Wolfson PLLC
● Sophie Lechner, Founder and CEO, Global Commerce Education
10:00am EST | 4pm CET
Web based program