Webinar – Expanding into the United States – IRA & CHIPS: Challenges & Opportunities
The IRA and CHIPS Act are designed to increase investments into infrastructure, energy projects, and semiconductor manufacturing and supply chains in the United States through various federal grants, tax credits, and other incentives. Companies even remotely connected to the semi-conductor or green energy sectors have been looking for ways to access the billions of dollars of incentives and subsidies being made available by the Federal Government.
Is your company connected to these industries? Are you already in the US or are you considering expanding your operations to the US? Have you considered taking advantage of these US subsidies by entering the US market directly or via a partnership? Is this a good time to do so? Have you considered Florida?
Join our panel of experts who will share insights about opportunities and challenges in US market expansion of European companies in the era of the Inflation Reduction Act and closer US/EU collaboration with a focus on real estate, construction, renewable energy and green projects.
- Ludmilla L. Kasulke, Partner – Squire Patton Boggs
- Michelle Sadeghy, Energy Tax Credit & Incentives Manager – Kaufman Rossin
- Peter Stratos, Principal, Tax Advisory Services – International – Kaufman Rossin [Moderator]
- Additional speakers to be announced
TOPICS FOR DISCUSSION
- IRA & CHIPS incentives and subsidies for (foreign) companies on U.S. federal and/or state level
- Which sectors are most concerned and where are the opportunities for transatlantic collaboration
- What you need to know about these funds and how to catalyze private investment in these sectors with a focus on clean energy, real estate and construction
- Structural and strategic considerations when entering the US market (Partnership or Subsidiary)
- Reporting risks and income tax liabilities for US subsidies: Understanding the basic framework of check-the-box regulations
- Impact of IRA on the built environment
- 179D Energy Efficient Commercial Building Deduction: Current status and where it is headed
- How building designers can benefit from the IRA
June 14, 2023 | 15:00 – 16:00 CET
Online attendance is free of charge