Changing Tides – US and European Corporate Debt Market: What You Need to Know
Our panel will discuss the implications of these forces on the corporate credit markets and those participating in them.
AGENDA items include the following:
• Updates on European and US state of non-performing loans & corporate debt
• Are businesses over levered coming out of the pandemic? If so, how are they addressing current inflationary pressures and the potential market downturns?
• Is the problem limited to rising interest rates, or is access to (even more expensive) funding drying up?
• What are the trends for in-court vs out-of-court solutions for troubled companies?
• Public funding schemes across the EU are ending and protection from bankruptcy is winding up—what are the implications?
• What sort of disputes are there, or what kinds can be expected, arising from the distressed market?
• Recognition by national courts of third country insolvency proceedings (use cases from Luxembourg, UK, Spain)
• Sarah Ambulante, Senior Associate, LOYENS & LOEFF
• Greg Donat, Partner & Managing Director, ALIXPARTNERS
• Ignacio Inigo Lozano, Finance & Restructuring Principal Associate, CUATRECASAS
• Alex Jay, Partner – Head of Insolvency and Asset Recovery, STEWARTS LAW [Moderator]
8:30 – 9:00 AM Check-in | 9:00 – 10:00 AM Program | 10:00 – 10:30 AM Networking
EACCNY Members: Free
EACCNY non-Members: Free
Proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required to attend.
Trade Commission of Spain
405 Lexington Ave, 47th Floor
New York, NY 10174