AI vs. Human Analysis – Who’s is the Master of the Analysis & Why is that an Important Question?
The EU’s AI Act considers AI used in the HR sector as high-risk and with this designating come a number of required safe-guards, such as human-in-the-loop and minimum documentation standards. Usage of AI in HR covers the entire cycle of working life, from recruiting and personnel management to long-term personnel development.
Despite the potential that the use of AI offers companies, AI analysis esp. in HR also raises important questions. Legislation around AI in may other jurisdictions is lagging far behind the rapid advancements in AI technology and many important questions have not yet been addressed.
Our panel will discuss issue such as:
• Why is AI and human analysis on everyone’s mind and how has this issues evolved, and why are we discussing this now?
• AI & Diversity/Equality: Is AI a better, more objective decision maker?
• Who is the master of human analysis and is that who we want it to be in the future;
• Do we need safety nets and what would those look like, are they fool proof
• Is AI more likely an opportunity or rather a danger, esp. in the highly sensitive environment of HR?
• What are some of the most common applications and what have we learned so far?
• What is the current status on AI legislation in NY/US, Europe, UK?
• Putting the Cart before the Code: What are the challenges when legislating AI?
• What challenges do companies face when implementing AI driven analysis?
• How will AI change how we work and the labor market as a whole?
• What do we want? What is the ideal use of AI in making choices about human and notably in the work context?
• Dr. Inka Knappertsbusch, Senior Associate, CMS
• Peter Fatelnig, Minister-Counsellor for Digital Economy Policy, DELEGATION of the EUROPEAN UNION to the UNITED STATES
• Alexander Schlicht, Vice President Legal, OSBORNE CLARKE
• A. Nicole Stover, Vice Chair – Litigation, STRADLEY RONON
• Yvonne Bendinger-Rothschild, Executive Director, EACCNY [Moderator]
8:30 – 9:00 AM Check-in | 9:00 – 10:00 AM Program | 10:00 – 10:30 AM Networking
EACCNY Members: Free
EACCNY non-Members: Free
Proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required to attend.
Location name: TBA
Location adress: TBA