Roel specialises in corporate law, mergers and acquisitions and (national and international) joint ventures. In addition, he assists and structures management buyouts, leveraged buyouts and private equity transactions. Roel has been involved in several high-profile national and international transactions, amongst others, in the financial regulatory and tech sector and regularly represented principal international private equity houses in their investments, add on and exit transactions.
From 2010 through 2013, Roel worked in the New York Office of Loyens & Loeff and provided corporate and transactional advice to various companies and financial institutions.
Roel is a member of the Dutch and American Bar Associations. He lectures frequently and has published on a number of corporate law-related matters.
Roel is a member of the Region Teams United States and Latin America and visits these regions on a frequent basis.
- Dutch Bar Association
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- LL.M. degree, US Corporate Law, New York University School of Law, 2005
- LL.M. degree, International Business Transactions (cum laude), Nyenrode Business Universiteit, 2004
- Dutch law (cum laude), University of Amsterdam, 2004